Saturday, February 19, 2011

Why do I PUSH

I push myself harder everyday. Going hard is the only way to get the results I want, the only way to reach my full potential. If you do the same things you will stay in the same place. In 2008 when I was over 400 lbs I never thought I would be walking a mile, definitely didn't think I would be running a 5k New Years day 2010, by the end of year I had done five 5k's two 10k's one 10 miler a 6k and a Half Marathon. ALL done with no training at all (not a smart move by me) I had found my competitive spirit again . My mind, and heart were geared up for every race but my body wasn't. I felt the aches and pains for days and days.... Like I said, NOT A SMART MOVE. Fast Forward. Two months into 2011 and I am waiting for my calender to read March 20. Amped up for the Publix Ga 1/2 Marathon. This is my 2nd Half and now I am both mentally and physically prepared. I have done two 5k's this year and as of today nikeplus.com says I have tagged a total of 79.44 miles since Jan 1, 2011 (two 5k's + 73.24 training miles) So now back to the question..... Why DO I PUSH ? I push myself so that I can be the best me I can be. Friends and Family I push you because I have been there. Having someone in your corner is a wonderful thing. Especially when that person has walked 13.1 miles in your shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment